Amato's - Maine - Pretty Please Step Up Your Gluten Free Game! ~ Gluten Free Restaurant Reviewer

Amato's - Various Locations - Maine, New Hampshire - Gluten Free Restaurant Review

Amato's

I've been a huge fan of Amato's since I was a kid! The mouth-watering Italian sandwiches are unbeatable.......the stuffers (personally I loved the veggie stuffers)......yum, yum, yum......cheesy pazzo bread.....yes please!......and hand me over a dozen meatballs while you're at it! I've lived in other states; in other countries and my craving for Amato's never diminished - if anything it got even worse! Whenever I traveled home, it was a guaranteed stop (usually multiple times) - and I'd be lying if I said I didn't often take a stash of Amato's back with me for my college roommates and friends. Then I moved to England and only got to fill the Amato's void a few times a year - brutal! And now.......I'm back in Maine but gluten free. If I could think of a word worse than brutal I'd be putting it in bold right now!

Hopefully you have a better understanding of my love for this place......and now know why it almost hurts me physically to give this place a thumbs down for gluten free options! They should get a little credit......they have gluten free pizza and pazzo bread (both mediocre, but at least fills the craving slightly). But what I'm dying for.......is a genoa and provolone italian with fluffy, white gluten free bread, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes, green peppers, salt/pepper and oil!! I'm dying just typing this........

If you ever decide.....I'm speaking to you, Dominic Reali, to give us gluten free folk something we've been craving for years - pretty, please let me be the first to try it!! I'd highlight that moment on my blog with the biggest smile on my face - or at least as big as a girl can smile while she's stuffing her face! I'm literally begging you ;)

2-Stars ★★ - Come on Dominic! Help me change this to 5! :)

Comments