DaVinci's Italian Eatery - Lewiston, Maine - Gluten Free Restaurant Reviewer




Image result for davinci's lewiston

If you enjoy your food cooked to perfection, a rustic, yet elegant atmosphere and attentive wait-staff.......DaVinci's Italian Eatery is the place to go! I'm not gonna lie.....I've never been a big fan of the Dirty Lew.....if anything I've avoided it like the plague for years....literally....but I was pleasantly surprised when I entered DaVinci's! It was like a gem in what I always remembered as the "run-down Bates Mill". The wooden beams and industrial metal that make up the restaurant are absolutely stunning! We were greeted immediately and given a buzzer with an estimated wait time of 30 minutes. I know........we should have made a reservation.....but we hadn't planned to go there. It was one of those nights where things didn't work as "planned", but ended up being even more amazing because of it! Our wait was pleasant......we sat on the long wooden benches, admired the brick oven area and took a pic with the european food cart salad bar....


We ended up waiting about 25 minutes to be seated. The table was comfortable, clean and fully set. They didn't have a separate gluten free menu to refer to but the waitress let me know that I could substitute gluten free pasta with any dish. So.....for me.....I was happy! I know what else to look out for on the meu generally (meatballs because of breadcrumbs, I know to ask about what's being used to thicken alfredo sauce, no eggplant because it's breaded, etc.). 
*If you're new to the gluten free lifestyle you may want to do a little research ahead of time to be safe with basic Italian Food which contain gluten.

I ordered the Chicken Saltimbocca with gluten free pasta.; Adam the New York Strip. All I can say is: it was melt-in-your-mouth, eat yourself into a coma and don't even care, kinda good! Honestly.......I want to keep writing about this place because there's so much more to say......but now I'm seriously craving it....and it's making me really hungry....I see another trip there in the near future! ;)

DaVinci's deserves 5 Stars across the board! ★★★★★


Happy Gluten Free Eating!
~Sheryl


Visit their website:
https://www.davinciseatery.com/

Comments